Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yachana (Video)

We all loved the Rainforest! Here is what the students thought of their living situation while we were there. Everything surrounding us was beautiful! Well, maybe not some of the bugs. Here are Annie's thoughts about the animals in Ecuador and a video of the students at the lodge.

Annie:

"When you walk the streets of Wisconsin, all that may cross your path is a squirrel. But when romping around the streets of Quito, stray dogs run about. While in the rainforest, I found myself with a spider like creature on my face, I think it was like a scorpion or something like that. There is also monkeys which one of them hopped down from a tree and onto to my backpack. I got really close to a toucan, and got to see several other tropical birds. People raise guinea pigs in their homes so they can be sold and get this are actually cooked and eaten. As I look down at my bug bitten legs, I remember that I had to kill a bug in our room at Yachana when Ain was too cowardly to do it. Bug spray can only do so much I guess but I learned that the mosquitoes are different from the ones in Wisconsin. Some people traveling with us are afraid of one or more of the animals I listed, but I thought observing and watching Ecuador's animals was all a part of our trip and helped me learn about the country more."


No comments:

Post a Comment